My thoughts and ideas
Introduction to RNA-seq and course setup | Griffith Lab
Introduction to RNA-seq and course setup
Module 0 - Key concepts
- Introduction to the instructors, student introductions, course overview.
- Cloud computing, UNIX/Linux OS, bioinformatics tool installation, course website review.
Module 0 - Learning objectives
- Introduction to cloud computing concepts/providers
- Use the Amazon EC2 console to create an instance
- Log into your EC2 instance
- Review basic Unix/Linux commands
- Set up environment and install necessary tools