Introduction to RNA-seq and course setup
Module 0 - Key concepts
- Introduction to the intructors, student introductions, course overview.
- Cloud computing, UNIX/Linux OS, bioinformatics tool installation, course website review.
Module 0 - Learning objectives
- Introduction to cloud computing concepts/providers
- Use the Amazon EC2 console to create an instance
- Log into your EC2 instance
- Review basic Unix/Linux commands
- Set up environment and install necessary tools
For 2021 CBW RNA course students, please follow the AWS instructions here instead for cloud computing: CBW_2021_AWS.pdf.